02 April 2007

Sara Cox tells Radio 1 listeners of burglary ordeal

Sara Cox has used her Radio 1 show this morning to appeal for listeners' help after she was the victim of an early-morning burglary.

Cox — who is filling in for Jo Whiley's mid-morning show all this week — told listeners she was "gutted" after thieves broke into her home in the early hours of this morning.

She said her mobile phone was among the items stolen from her north London house at 3am on Monday.

But they left behind an album by Keane. "I don't think it's a reflection on the musical talent of Keane," she said. "I think they must just have dropped it."

The Bolton-born presenter appealed to listeners to look out for her belongings.

She said: "If you are in a pub in north London this evening and you get offered a copy of The Emperor's New Groove, a Sony Ericsson phone or a computer, buy it and then bring it back to me."

Describing the moment she discovered she had burgled, Cox told listeners: "The dog was barking. He went mad. I went down and told him to shut up.

"He knew something was going on and I didn't believe him. This morning he was looking at me, like: 'I tried to tell you, mummy, I was barking a lot'."

Cox said police had begun an investigation into the burglary, and added: "There's a lot of boys at my gaff at the moment doing fingerprints and stuff like that."

No comments: